MHFA is a 2 day course with mandatory 12 hour of attendance. Participants will receive a certificate upon completion and will be registered as a Mental Health First Aid responder with the Mental Health Commission of Canada.
Participant will learn to:
- Recognize and understand the signs of mental health problems in co-workers, friends, family, strangers and even themselves.
- Provide up to 5 actions that can help and support an individual until the individual is connected to appropriate professional help.
- Help reduce the stigma of mental illness so people will not be embarrassed or afraid to get the help and treatment they need to recover.
Your workplace will benefit from this MHFA training as it has shown to:
- Reduce the incidence of absenteeism, presenteeism and disability
- Contribute to an increase in productivity
- Help control the cost of healthcare and group insurance plans
- Attract and retain highly qualified employees.
- Make Mental Health First Aid a part of your comprehensive Occupational Health and Safety Plan. MHFA can help your workplace incorporate the new (entirely voluntary at this time) National Standard of Canada for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace.